Chinese Fakeaway (Slimming World Friendly)
It’s become a bit of a Saturday tradition this year to sit and watch the 7pm family programme and eat tea together on our knees – usually some kind of fakeaway. We have tried loads of things lately and this week fancied Chinese Fakeaway whilst watching Saturday Night Takeaway, so I thought I’d give Chinese Curry and Chow Mein a go.
The curry was made using 50g Mayflower Curry (10 syns), 2 sliced turkey breasts, an onion and mushrooms, all cooked together with 500ml cold water and served with boiled rice. We hadn’t used the Mayflower curry before but it tasted just like you’d get from the takeaway. The next dish was a bit more of a gamble as I tried to recreate a chowmein sauce, but it was bloody delicious!
- 2 Turkey breasts, sliced
- 2 Carrots, sliced thinly with a grater
- Big handful mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 100g Babycorn
- 100g Mangetout
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1 pack Dried egg noodles (to serve 4)
- 300ml stock made with 2 stock cubes
- 1tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 2tbsp Soy sauce
- 1tsp Bovril
- In non-stick pan or wok stirfry turkey and all vegetables until softened
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions
- Add noodles to the wok and gently mix in
- In a jug mix together stock, worcester sauce, soy sauce & Bovril
- Add sauce to noodles and enjoy!
- This made a huge portion!